There are over 10 million homes in the United States that are between the age of 20 and 30 years old. For many of those homes, it will soon be time to replace their roofs. When it comes time to choosing a roofer, here are some of the boxes you should check when hiring a roofing company.
All roofing companies are not created equal. When you start doing your homework and checking companies’ reviews, you should also be looking for a few other things that will give you confidence that you made the right choice.
1. How long has the roofing company been in business?
For almost 40 years, A-Top Roofing and Construction has been replacing residential roofs in local neighborhoods including Manalapan, Freehold, Marlboro and the Western Monmouth Area. Over that span of time, they have created a great foundation for how they treat their customers.
Be wary of a roofing company that is new. They might not be well established and may be cutting corners on insurance or short on experience.
2. Follow your instincts!
Sometimes the salesman will overpromise. Sometimes companies will try to pressure you into making a quick sale with an unrealistic price or price reduction. Sometimes the price will be very high, and the company will offer financing at a rate that is also very high.
Creating a good customer experience from the point of initial contact and through contract signing to installation day is critically important to A-Top Roofing and Construction. If your instincts are telling you something is off – it probably is.
3. Look for reasons to qualify a roofer – here are some examples:
Over the course of 4 decades A-top Roofing & Construction has replaced 4,000+ roofs. A lot of their business comes from their reputation and word of mouth of other happy homeowners. Bolstering their reputation is the myriad of 5-Star Google Reviews and other reviews on various social sites.
“If you think something is more important than the customer, think again.”Andrew Ferrara, President – A-Top Roofing & Construction
4. A full list of questions for your roofing contractor:
- Is the price comparable to other roofing companies?
- Are they fully licensed?
- Are they fully insured?
- Are they recognized by roofing manufactures like GAF and Owens Corning?
- Do they have a variety of samples and colors to choose from?
- Will they give you a written warranty?
- How long is the warranty?
- Is the warranty transferable if you sell the home?
- Does a live person answer the phone if there is a question or issue with the roof?
- Do they have a local physical office?
- Do they have previous work references?
Selecting the right roofing contractor should be about getting an affordable roofing price, but that is not always the deciding factor. Some people feel more comfortable if the business has been around for many years. Others want to make sure the company has all the support and backing from the roofing manufacturers, which includes offering a great roof warranty. A-Top Roofing and Construction checks all these boxes and more.
Other Reasons A-Top Roofing & Construction Stands Apart from the Competition
- We boast a Triple A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- We are a GAF Presidential Award Winner
- We are a Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor
- We are proud to say that we are a GAF Master Elite certified contracting company
- We are member of the GAF President’s Club
- We are a GAF Triple Excellence Award Winner, excelling in consumer protection, installation, and training.
- Our crews are always trained in the newest roofing innovations.
- We have a great reputation from our customers, and we use nothing but the best roofing products out there.
Proud of 4 decades worth of roofing projects, A-Top Roofing is inviting past, present, and future potential clients and homeowners to see our work in their local neighborhoods and streets. Check out our project map here!
If you are unsure if you know your roof needs to be replaced, call A-Top Roofing and Construction, Manalapan, NJ for an inspection at (732) 446-6341, or schedule and appointment today.
Since 1986, A-Top Roofing and Construction has been Monmouth County’s number one choice for your exterior home remodeling needs. Family owned and operated; we measure our performance on your level of satisfaction.
With A-Top, you are getting nothing but the best. Our full range of services include roofing, siding, gutters, gutter cleaning, windows, and skylights.