Thanks to today’s shingle manufacturing technologies, homeowners can have roofing in virtually any color they choose. For some, this presents greater flexibility allowingthem get the exact color they desire. For others, the sheer number of choices can make the color selection process overwhelming. If you’re among the latter, read on as A-Top Roofing & Construction shares the questions you should ask yourself when choosing your roof color.
Here are 5 Things to Consider When Selecting a Roof Color:
1. What color is my roof? Siding covers about half of your home’s exterior and complements the roof. Unless your siding is also up for replacement, you should think about how your roof will work with it. Additionally, take note of the roofing material. Some, like asphalt shingles, work with just about any siding profile. Tile or slate may need to be paired with certain types of siding.
2. Does my home have permanent components? Your home’s exterior may have permanent cladding like stone or brick, which have distinct colors that may help you narrow down your roofing color selection — unless you’re planning on painting over them. Other permanent components that you should pay attention to include copper gutters and installations that are part of your landscaping.
3. What’s my home’s architectural style? Some architectural styles are associated with certain color palettes that would make a radically different siding color look out of place. Take the time to research your home’s architectural style, paying special attention to its color palettes.
4. What do my neighbors’ houses look like? If you live in a community governed by an HOA, you have most of the work cut out for you. Take a walk or drive around a few blocks just to get a general feel for your neighbors’ roof colors, which should give you an idea of what colors to choose.
5. Can I touch feel and see color combinations? If you live in or near Monmouth County, NJ, you can make an appointment to visit A-Top Roofing’s Showroom at 137 Englishtown-Freehold Road, Manalapan, NJ 07726, or call (732) 446-6341.
A-Top Roofing & Construction carries a superior line of roofing, siding, and gutter colors to choose from, all backed with manufacturer’s warranties that are the best in the industry.
Need a Roofing Quote? Call (732) 446-6341 Today!
Located in Manalapan, NJ, A-Top Roofing and Construction has earned a reputation for beautifying homes throughout the Central Jersey area for over 30 years. We service Monmouth County, parts of Middlesex County and Northern Ocean County. Our full range of services include roofing, siding, gutters, windows, and skylights.
Our award-winning staff and professionally trained installers will get the project done on time and on budget. We partner with brands you trust like GAF, Owens Corning, CertainTeed, Pella, Andersen, TimberTech and Azek which means extensive customer choice backed by the best warranties in the industry.